News – September 2021
- My one-person show at the Museum of Modern Art Machynlleth opened at the end of May 2021 and continued throughout the summer until 21 August. Palm Sunday Beaulieu, a large painting purchased by the Contemporary Art Society Wales, was given to the permanent collection there, and MOMA also acquired a large drawing of mine, Lockdown in the Suburbs.
You can download a pdf of the catalogue for this exhibition here.
- I am exhibiting two paintings in the Waterfront Gallery, Milford Haven throughout the summer and am part of a forthcoming group show there organised by Alan Salisbury opening 8 October 2021, East meets West.
- I had two paintings in the Royal Cambrian Academy Show Annual Exhibition in April 2021, one of which, Dreaming of Dogs, was Highly Commended.
- The Welsh Group Exhibition Across Two Valleys has been rescheduled for 2021. A further exhibition is planned in the Attic Gallery in Swansea in October.
- I have been invited to be one of 12 artists represented by Cardiff Made in a new digital art directory and business plan.
In 2020 and during lockdown many planned exhibitions could not go ahead and many galleries were closed with work in them. However, artists did still manage to bring some of our work into the public eye:
- I exhibited in Women's Art in Wales at Art Central Gallery, Vale of Glamorgan in March 2020. This show went on to be mothballed until summer 2021.
- I exhibited three works in the July 2020 Virtual Welsh Group Lockdown Exhibition.
- I exhibited one painting – A Lost Childhood – in Cynon Valley Museum's online Exhibitions At Home from August 2020.
- I exhibited some 14 paintings and drawings from September at the Aviary Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne, which ran until April 2021.
- I exhibited works in Found Gallery's Twenty Twenty August Exhibition.
- I exhibited in two shows at Cardiff Made (an independent gallery in Cardiff): their Summer 2020 Show, and their more recent Spring 2021 Show.
Newport Museum and Art Gallery showed the virtual show of Forty Years On Exhibition – from October 2020 to January 2021.
- Art in the Attic, Porth about drawing experiences in lockdown, August-September 2021.